NEET UG Eligibility:
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for undergraduates) Entrance and Admissions for MBBS/BDS
- Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST-II (UG), 2016.
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2016 of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana is 25 years as on 31st December, of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per the rules of the State/University/Institution concerned.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2016 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J &K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. However, they are eligible to appear in NEET-II for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, Pune.