NOTE: Last updated on 10-June-2016 5:00 a.m.
National Eligibility Entrance Examination (NEET) is an All India Level Common Entrance Examination for Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Medicine aspirants.
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Under Graduates (NEET-UG)
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Post Graduates (NEET-PG)
Presently CBSE is responsible for the conduction of the examination and it will prepare the national and state merit lists as well.
MCI is a statutory body which regulates medical colleges, affiliation, new colleges etc. It maintains standards of medical education and recognizes medical qualification besides registering doctors to practice in India.
(4) What are the advantages of NEET?
- NEET UG is a single window common entrance examination (NEET MBBS)
- Common syllabus throughout the country for entrance examination
- MCQ pattern of questions (single response) would be followed for MBBS entrance
- Undoubtedly it will save student’s cost of attempting different medical entrance examination.
- It ensures equal opportunities for rural and financially weaker section of deserving aspirants
- Greater uniformity and convenient for all candidates across the country
- Avoids malpractices, and saves resources as well
- More importantly reservation of seats as applicable to the states is intact.
- A student is sure to thrive with multiple career opportunities after his/her MBBs.
(5) What is NEET-UG?
NEET-UG is the Common Entrance Test for MBBS and BDS Admissions.
(6) Is NEET-UG applicable for Dental?
(7) What is the language of NEET-UG?
For NEET UG 2017, candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
The aspirant must have passed 12th class examination, with a minimum of 50% (General category) and 40% (Reserved category) in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology from a recognized board before admission.
(8a) How to fill up ‘online’ application form for NEET 2016?
You will have to answer single response type 180 MCQs in 3 hrs. READ MORE…
(9a) Whether NEET will be offline or online?
NEET 2016 is an offline pen and paper test.
45 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) each from physics, chemistry, botany and zoology
(11) What is the application fees?
WITHOUT LATE FEE
WITH LATE FEE
(12) What is the evaluation procedure of the test?
- Marks in Biology section of paper (Higher marks will be placed higher in the rank)
- Marks in Chemistry section of paper (Higher marks will be placed higher in the rank)
- Total number of negative responses (Fewer negative responses will be placed higher in the rank)
- Date of birth (older person will be placed higher in the rank).
(13) Is there any negative marking for incorrect response?
(14) Number of Attempts for NEET UG.
There is no attempt limit.
(15) What are the National and State quota? What is NEET Merit List and Rankings
Similarly by using State Rank the student can take admission in any of the affiliated colleges in the state from where he/she has got her domicile or pursued Std. XI and XII Science. READ MORE…
(16) Is AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) merging with NEET-UG?
(17) Is there any cut-off marks for NEET-UG?
(18) Is 12th Board marks has any weightage for entry into MBBS?
12th Board marks has no weightage for NEET UG Entrance.
(19) Is the syllabus of NEET UG a replication of CBSE syllabus?
(20) What is the eligibility criteria to appear NEET UG?
(21) Eligibility for Admission to MBBS:
(21a) How long the result of NEET 2016 is valid?
Only for the current academic session
(22) I need some more information from official sources whom should I contact:
Please access the following link:
You may contact:
|Name||Contact No.||e-mail id|
|Toll free Noemail@example.com|
|SPECIAL HELP LINE FOR NEET||9599590192, 9599590193, 9599590194, 9599590195, firstname.lastname@example.org|