Pattern of NEET UG 2013
(i) Pattern of the Entrance Examination:
The Entrance Examination consists of one paper containing, 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
The duration of paper would be 03 (three) hours.
(ii) Language of the Question Papers:
- All candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
- Candidates seeking admission under 15% All India quota seats and in AFMC should appear in the examination either in English or Hindi only.
- Candidates who have passed/appearing their class XII or equivalent qualifying examination from the State Boards of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal and seeking admission in the institutions located in the State concerned under State Quota seats only can opt for Question Paper in their respective Regional Language i.e. Telugu, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil and Bengali.
- Candidates seeking admission under State Quota seats of more than one State should appear in the examination either in English or Hindi only.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for other languages would be provided Test Booklet in English with translation in the language as per choice of the candidate.
- Candidates opting for Question Paper in Regional languages should choose Centre Cities within the geographical limit of the State concerned.
- Option of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.