NOTE: Last updated on 10-June-2016 5:00 a.m.
Find the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) pertaining to NEET UG, the undergraduate entrance test for admissions into MBBS programs.
(1) What is NEET?
National Eligibility Entrance Examination (NEET) is an All India Level Common Entrance Examination for Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Medicine aspirants.
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Under Graduates (NEET-UG)
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for Post Graduates (NEET-PG)
(2) Who will conduct NEET in India?
Presently CBSE is responsible for the conduction of the examination and it will prepare the national and state merit lists as well.
(3) What is MCI?
MCI is a statutory body which regulates medical colleges, affiliation, new colleges etc. It maintains standards of medical education and recognizes medical qualification besides registering doctors to practice in India.
(4) What are the advantages of NEET?
- NEET UG is a single window common entrance examination (NEET MBBS)
- Common syllabus throughout the country for entrance examination
- MCQ pattern of questions (single response) would be followed for MBBS entrance
- Obviously there is less stress on students as there is only one national entrance examination. Consequently medical aspirants need not to appear for several entrance examinations, one for each institute or state.
- Undoubtedly it will save student’s cost of attempting different medical entrance examination.
- It ensures equal opportunities for rural and financially weaker section of deserving aspirants
- Greater uniformity and convenient for all candidates across the country
- Avoids malpractices, and saves resources as well
- More importantly reservation of seats as applicable to the states is intact.
- A student is sure to thrive with multiple career opportunities after his/her MBBs.
(5) What is NEET-UG?
NEET-UG is the Common Entrance Test for MBBS and BDS Admissions.
(6) Is NEET-UG applicable for Dental?
(7) What is the language of NEET-UG?
For NEET UG 2017, candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
(8) What is the eligibility criterion for appearing NEET-UG?
The aspirant must have passed 12th class examination, with a minimum of 50% (General category) and 40% (Reserved category) in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology from a recognized board before admission.
Minimum 17 years at the time of taking admission and the upper age limit is relaxed by five years for SC/ST/OBC candidates. READ MORE…
(8a) How to fill up ‘online’ application form for NEET 2016?
Application form for NEET can be submitted only online through website www.aipmt.nic.in. No offline application will be entertained.
(9) What is the format of question for NEET-UG?
You will have to answer single response type 180 MCQs in 3 hrs. READ MORE…
(9a) Whether NEET will be offline or online?
NEET 2016 is an offline pen and paper test.
(10) What are the subjects and marks allocation (Pattern )?
45 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) each from physics, chemistry, botany and zoology
(11) What is the application fees?
WITHOUT LATE FEE
WITH LATE FEE
(12) What is the evaluation procedure of the test?
- Marks in Biology section of paper (Higher marks will be placed higher in the rank)
- Marks in Chemistry section of paper (Higher marks will be placed higher in the rank)
- Total number of negative responses (Fewer negative responses will be placed higher in the rank)
- Date of birth (older person will be placed higher in the rank).
(13) Is there any negative marking for incorrect response?
Each Item carries 4 marks. For each correct response the candidate will get 4 marks. For each incorrect response one mark will be deducted from the total score. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet.
(14) Number of Attempts for NEET UG.
There is no attempt limit.
(15) What are the National and State quota? What is NEET Merit List and Rankings
There would be separate Merit Lists. The counselling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats is conducted by the DGHS and the Counselling for admission in seats under the control of other participating States / Universities / Institutions shall be conducted by their respective Authorities.
Note: A student can take his/her admission into any of the NEET affiliated MBBS college in India using his National Rank.
Similarly by using State Rank the student can take admission in any of the affiliated colleges in the state from where he/she has got her domicile or pursued Std. XI and XII Science. READ MORE…
(16) Is AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College) merging with NEET-UG?
Yes, from the academic year 2013-14 it would merge with NEET UG Common Entrance Test. Students need to mention their choice for AFMC while filling the application form.
The list of successful candidates of NEET who have registered themselves for AFMC on website www.afmcdg1d.gov.in shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Service, Ministry of Defence, Government of India for second stage screening and counselling.
(17) Is there any cut-off marks for NEET-UG?
Merit list is prepared using score obtained in the examination and there may not be any cut-off level.
(18) Is 12th Board marks has any weightage for entry into MBBS?
12th Board marks has no weightage for NEET UG Entrance.
(19) Is the syllabus of NEET UG a replication of CBSE syllabus?
There is a notable difference. The final syllabus of NEET UG is a merger of Both the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and various state syllabuses.
(20) What is the eligibility criteria to appear NEET UG?
Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English Individually. Passed 12th class examination with a minimum of 50% (General category) and 40% (Reserved category, SC, ST, OBC) 45% (candidates with locomotory disability of lower limb) in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology from a recognized board before admission.
However for a candidates who has appeared for the above said examination but the result has not been declared may be provisionally permitted to take up NEET UG, besides he/she fulfills the aforementioned eligibility criteria before admission to the MBBS course .
(21) Eligibility for Admission to MBBS:
A list of the successful candidates in order of merit based on the score obtained in the examination will be prepared by the Board and forwarded to the counselling authorities for the purpose of allotment of seats.
(21a) How long the result of NEET 2016 is valid?
Only for the current academic session
(22) I need some more information from official sources whom should I contact:
Please access the following link:
You may contact:
|Name||Contact No.||e-mail id|
|Toll free Nofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SPECIAL HELP LINE FOR NEET||9599590192, 9599590193, 9599590194, 9599590195, email@example.com|
Disclaimer: The above furnished information refers to NEET UG information bulletin, various press release both from print and electronic media. Though we are trying to update our website from time to time, we don’t guarantee you anything as it may change in due course. Always refer official website or government announcements.NEET UG: FAQs,